Infinity

Main discussion board for Infinity Alliance.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Aristotle Express - Application

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aeolus

PostSubject: Aristotle Express - Application   Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:10 am

Hi there,

I have an airline based in Thessaloniki, Greece (SKG), currently a new operation with 6 CRJ900ER aircraft. My airline's primary operation is connecting passengers from Europe into Greek airports, faster than airlines based in Athens can, thus getting better flight ratings. SKG is the second largest city in Greece and offers a profitable opportunity for a regional European airline. The Aristotle Express is also the only airline based there.

Once I dominate SKG and some of the airlines based in Athens have failed (5 airlines cannot survive), I will move into Athens airport and focus on connecting the large, but more-so the small cities, between Europe and the Middle East, and also connect Athens with long-haul destinations.

What I offer infinity is an operation in Greece, and a synchronized product, as my airline's flight ratings are 5 star like the other airlines in the alliance.

Please reply here if my application has been successful and I will send my application in AirlineSim.

If you require any more information let me know,
Aeolus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gizgiz

PostSubject: Re: Aristotle Express - Application   Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:51 pm

Hi Aeolus,

Thanks for applying to the alliance. We're now in discussions regarding your application.

While we do not have a hard rule against young airlines, we do prefer airlines or players with more experience (usually around three to four weeks of successful business). Do you have an alternative airline on Tempelhof or the other worlds which can show us your operational strategies and experience?

Thanks for replying in advance.

Infinity members
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeolus

PostSubject: Re: Aristotle Express - Application   Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:19 am

Thanks for considering my application.

I don't currently, however I did have an airline called Aldara Airways on Croydon back round this time last year which became the largest airline in Greece for about 4-5 months (not sure if anyone remembers). I had to close it down as I went back to Uni, but I've now graduated and would like to spend time regularly building an airline here and working with an alliance (Aldara went mostly alone).

I'm also quite happy to trial an airline at a different base if your alliance has any requirements.

I just completed an Aviation degree so my knowledge of how the industry works is solid, however I would love any advice you guys might have on how I can run my airline better.

Aeolus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plotz

PostSubject: Re: Aristotle Express - Application   Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:19 am

Would you also be okay with just letting a few weeks pass and then reapplying, while we monitor your activities a bit? Smile Don't get me wrong, we're not done discussing yet, but people tend to think we cannot be sure you'll be around in three, four, five weeks from now Smile .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeolus

PostSubject: Re: Aristotle Express - Application   Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:52 am

Ok no problem, I'll write back to you then.

Aeolus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeolus

PostSubject: Re: Aristotle Express - Application   Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:51 am

Hi all,

It has now been four weeks since I submitted my application to join your alliance and my airline is still going strong.

I request you let me know if my airline is successful enough to join your alliance or if there is anything you would like me to do or information you would like me to provide.

Thanks Smile
Aeolus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zwirnie

PostSubject: Re: Aristotle Express - Application   Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi Aeolus,

we will have a look at your airline and how you went on. Please give us one or two days to check and discuss your applications. Thanks!

Cheers
Infinity members
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zwirnie

PostSubject: Re: Aristotle Express - Application   Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:28 pm

Hi again,

just wanted to let you know we have not forgotten about you. We are still in the progress of evaluating your application as well as your airline, please stay with us just a little bit longer. Thank you very much!

Cheers
Infinity members

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeolus

PostSubject: Re: Aristotle Express - Application   Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:11 pm

Thanks for the update! I look forward to hearing the results Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zwirnie

PostSubject: Re: Aristotle Express - Application   Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Hello again and thanks for sticking around while we discussed your application.

We are under the impression that your airline has great potential, however we feel that you have not maximized that potential yet. We are looking for members with strong hubs that can carry passengers for other members furthers on. And that is where we see the weak point in our application. A strong domestic route-net is important for an alliance, and at the moment we feel that incorporating your alliance would not really benefit us that much as Greece is only limited covered by your airline. I know it sounds very harsh, but we are deliberately deciding against letting young airlines join where we see no real value for us. This is our way of ensuring that INFINITY stays an alliance of active and serious players, and not just an 'interlining group'.

With that being said, we do see great potential in your airline. So what we are offering you is basically the same thing we offered Scotia Air, to be our 'strategic partner' for a while. In that time we will offer our best advice to bring your airline closer to our network. In that time we are happy to interline with you and answer any of your questions. If that sounds good to you, than feel free to contact me in-game (I'm Tasman Flyer, Australia).

I'm looking forward to hear from you!
Cheers
Infinity members
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeolus

PostSubject: Re: Aristotle Express - Application   Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:31 am

Hi again,

Thanks for re-considering my application and I completely agree with your reasoning. I would like to be your strategic partner and potentially join in the future once my airline has grown and can be of benefit to your alliance.

Being that the runway length in SKG does not cater to long-haul aircraft I will eventually need to expand into Athens. At the moment there are 6 airlines (also one has a subsidiary) hubbed there so this would be difficult, hence why I'm hubbing in SKG while I build strength.

I would appreciate any advice you have on how I would begin hubbing in Athens and drive the others out without going out of business myself.

Thanks again,
Aeolus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zwirnie

PostSubject: Re: Aristotle Express - Application   Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:15 pm

Hey,

I sent you a message in AS. Welcome on board as a partner Smile !

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Little_Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: Aristotle Express - Application   Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:58 am

Hi there,

let's start with ideas on what to do next.

Aeolus wrote:

Being that the runway length in SKG does not cater to long-haul aircraft I will eventually need to expand into Athens.

I think you don't have to care about LR flights for a month or two now. SKG runway length allow you to operate some
737-900ER BGW or any of A320 family without restriction. And that gives you nice coverage of the whole Europe and
near/mid-East (you can operate SKG-DEl with A321 and reasonable payload).
HER have even longer runway, from there you can use A330 family, when time come.

Aeolus wrote:

At the moment there are 6 airlines (also one has a subsidiary) hubbed there so this would be difficult, hence why I'm hubbing in SKG while I build strength.
I would appreciate any advice you have on how I would begin hubbing in Athens and drive the others out without going out of business myself.

I would say that simplest way to do so is to build your business outside ATH for a wile. Concentrate on SKG and HER later,
expand your networks, get decent profits. Than, after 2-3 months you could start to infiltrate ATH painlessly.
Since you profits would be secured in SKG and HER, you'll be able to create new routes from ATH with less than 5% profitability
and drive you competitors off by this. To do this fast and nice you need to have at least 15m of weekly profits from SKG and HER,
than you'll be able to create nice network in ATH in 2-3 weeks.

At the moment you need to improve your domestic network significantly. You can get decent flow of PAX from those small
islands, west Turkey and southern Balkans are also in play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zwirnie

PostSubject: Re: Aristotle Express - Application   Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:55 pm

HER is definitely a nice idea, haven't thought of that ... definitely an interesting concept to get traffic flowing outside of a country's big hub. But it could actually work very well. With their geographical location, you can get a nice triangular rotation working once you incorporate ATH as well. Nice thinking outside the box there, Little Squirrel Smile

Otherwise, I agree with the rest, as I told you already ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aeolus

PostSubject: Update   Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:38 am

Hi all,

I just wanted to say thanks for all the feedback given and to give you all an update on what's happening with my airline:

1. Have grown my 73G fleet by upgrading my popular European flights, then using the CRJ's this freed up to open new routes.

2. Signed an IL agreement with castillair

3. Expanded my domestic network

Plans:

1. To fly to more of castillair's hubs

2. To lease a 737-900ER BGW (as suggested) and fly to DXB and IL with infinity's partner there

3. Expand my presence in the Middle East

4. Lease more Q400's to add in West-Turkey destinations and smaller Greek destinations.

Eventually I will move into HER and ATH but I want to solidify SKG more. I also noticed Athena (based in ATH) is losing money (from the stock market) so there might be some opportunities there soon.

If you have any more feedback or think I can now join let me know!

Thanks,
Aeolus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aristotle Express - Application   

Back to top Go down

Aristotle Express - Application
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1