Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Infinity

Main discussion board for Infinity Alliance.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

VINA Airways

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
elPierro

elPierro

VINA Airways Empty
PostSubject: VINA Airways   VINA Airways EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:29 am

Hi all, I would like to join your alliance with my Vietnam based Airline VINA Airways. My target is to become the main airline for flying into Vietnam directly and function as the "alternative hub" for the BKK-SIN-HKG triangle. I started ops with 2 B737-900ER HGW and 1 B737-700BGW. Fleet planns will be to focus on the 737 family and a few CRJ-700 Aircraft. For long range my preference lies with the B767-400ER.

About myself: I have been a player with Liguna (based NRT) on Tempelhof during the Alpha Test phase of 1.5 and play on Croydon with Sky Connection (based at BIO) since start-up of the gameworld.

I hope this alliance will communicate actively and seek ways of optimizing the network, rather than just being interlining partners. Optimizing the network is extremely important in 1.5 as hubs don't work as easily as they did in the old versions of the game.
Back to top Go down
Severnaya

Severnaya

VINA Airways Empty
PostSubject: Re: VINA Airways   VINA Airways EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:43 am

Hello elPierro, thank you for your application!

We appreciate the trust you have in our alliance. Our members are currently evaluating your application. In the process we might ask you a few question concerning your airline our your future plans, so please check back regularly on this thread. We will inform you when voting on your application has begun.

Yours sincerly,
severnaya
Back to top Go down
plotz

VINA Airways Empty
PostSubject: Re: VINA Airways   VINA Airways EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi!

Just to help us a bit: Do you have any previous experience or any references/airlines we can take a look at?

Thanks for your application!
Back to top Go down
elPierro

elPierro

VINA Airways Empty
PostSubject: Re: VINA Airways   VINA Airways EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:13 pm

Sky Connection at Croydon:
http://croydon.airlinesim.aero/app/info/enterprise/id/1217.8

Sky Connection is operating out of BIO, a bit too small airport but this airline is an oldie of mine and was neglected for some time during Alpha testing. It's running at a fleet of app. 35 aircraft ex BIO and SVQ. At BIO a 4 slot strategy is used, Slot 1 and 3 are used for Northern European traffic, Domestic traffic focusses on Slots 2 and 4, African Traffic focusses on Slot 4. In addition a long-haul flight is operating daily flights BIO-ORD.

VINA Airways at Tempelhof:
http://tempelhof.airlinesim.aero/app/info/enterprise/id/351.13

Defunct Airlines:
During Alpha test active at Tempelhof:

Liguna (app. 60 aircraft, extensive network throughout Asia and Intercontinental network, fleet consisted of AN-140/ERJ195/737-700/737-900/767-400 and 777-200ER)
Notice: Liguna is active at this moment at Tempelhof, but I am experimenting some strategies with this airline at the moment, so I don't take it in the portofolio.

Southern Cross (12 aircraft, domestic Network to Australia with A320/A321 fleet and A330 services to Singapore from MEL & SYD)
Back to top Go down
Severnaya

Severnaya

VINA Airways Empty
PostSubject: Re: VINA Airways   VINA Airways EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Why aren't you becoming part of World Connect Alliance as your croydon airline is a member of them?
Back to top Go down
elPierro

elPierro

VINA Airways Empty
PostSubject: Re: VINA Airways   VINA Airways EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:29 pm

As stated in the application, I am seeking an alliance that actually wants to build a decent network, not just an interlining agreement with a nice alliance logo.

Infinity has an application procedure so presume there will be a bit more knowledge sharing, co-operation and finetuning to optimize networks.
Back to top Go down
Severnaya

Severnaya

VINA Airways Empty
PostSubject: Re: VINA Airways   VINA Airways EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:31 am

Hello elPierro,

Until further notice we've halted all new applications for the Tempelhof game world.

So the following reasons are purely based on the Infinity strategy and say nothing about the quality of your particular airline.

Our reasons for a total halt of new airlines on Tempelhof are:

It's a new Game World so:
1) How can we differentiate companies that are all worth 10mil?
2) Its one thing to talk big, but it takes strategy and dedication to grow big in this game.
3) At the beginning everybody is interested in his new airline, but how will this continue.
4) We're a quality alliance (not an Interline-whore Alliance) searching the best for all of us, quality is not yet shown after 1 or 2 weeks.

Please note, in the next four* weeks applications will re-open and we'll contact you if you're still interested or you are gladly invited to apply for the alliance. (just a short note will do enough)

Kind regards,
the Infinity Alliance members

*=or 3, or 5 or as we like
Back to top Go down
elPierro

elPierro

VINA Airways Empty
PostSubject: Re: VINA Airways   VINA Airways EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi all,

It's been a while and I wonder if you are still on a recruitment hold. I have developped VINA Airways throughout the OneSKY alliance but I must say that I am not very satisfied with the current alliance I am in. I won't get into details, but lets say there are active members helping and optimizing the route network (as espected in an alliance) and there are rather inactive members going their own way, opening competitive routes with interlining contracts on direct competition.

Ofcourse that's not what I am looking for. So I am still wondering how your alliance is taking shape and if you can use a partner based in SGN vietnam with a fleet of 21 aircraft and a competitive schedule with routes throughout Asia, the Middle-East and Australia.

Kind Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
gizgiz

gizgiz

VINA Airways Empty
PostSubject: Re: VINA Airways   VINA Airways EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Hey elPierro,

We are considering reopening and reprocessing old applications. We'll let you know about it as soon as we come to a conclusion about that.

In the meantime, could you give us a little more info about your operational strategy here on Tempelhof? In particular, what's happened since you last applied and what are you planning to do in the next few weeks?

Thanks.
Infinity Alliance
Back to top Go down
elPierro

elPierro

VINA Airways Empty
PostSubject: Re: VINA Airways   VINA Airways EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 11:02 pm

Since my application I have kept following the strategy with some minor details:

A. Domestic Routes and routes flown by CRJ-700 fly with Economy / Business Basic Seats
Most other routes fly with Economy+ / Business Advanced Seats
B. I have bought 2 767-400ER aircraft in order to increase my hub function, flights now go to SYD and to connect to my current alliance members in IST and DOH.
C. I have made some small changes into my slottime strategy since flights are a bit outstretched I dropped the 9-15-21 slotschedule and replaced this with a 4x daily arrival schedule for domestic/local feederflights and a adjustable departure/arrival schedule for the remained of the flights.

Vina has grown to a fleet of 21 aircraft

On short term I tend to increase the CRJ-700 fleet with some additional ops into Cambodja/Thailand/Malaysia (preferrably increasing to 2x or 4x daily ops). And invest in additional 737's to upgrade the capacity to existing destinations and fly new routes into China and the Indian subcontinent.
International route network will not be my main focus, but the next 767-400 will fly into Melbourne

Margins have been around a steady 30%, not very high but that's because competition demands Economy+ seats in this region to stay active on the market.
Back to top Go down
gizgiz

gizgiz

VINA Airways Empty
PostSubject: Re: VINA Airways   VINA Airways EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:56 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your quick reply. We're now in the process of discussing your application. We'll give you an update ASAP.

We may have more questions for you, so don't forget to check back here every so often, or subscribe via email to this thread to get automatic updates on your threads.

Thanks!
Infinity Alliance
Back to top Go down
gizgiz

gizgiz

VINA Airways Empty
PostSubject: Re: VINA Airways   VINA Airways EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:48 pm

Hey elPierro,

We're happy to announce that your application has gone through and we've decided to accept your airline into the Infinity Alliance as a trial member.

Remember to terminate interlining contracts with airlines in airports and countries where there is an alliance presence.
In particular, this is
- Swap nihon.jet with Japan Shuttle Express
- Terminate contract with australianjet

Also, don't forget to resign from your old alliance in-game and apply to Infinity.

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
elPierro

elPierro

VINA Airways Empty
PostSubject: Re: VINA Airways   VINA Airways EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:44 am

Hi all,

Thanks for having me in the alliance. IL's have been updated accordingly and the request to join has been submitted.

Kind Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VINA Airways Empty
PostSubject: Re: VINA Airways   VINA Airways Empty

Back to top Go down

VINA Airways
Page 1 of 1